The #1 Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Project!

An online Dubbing group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm so not in the mood today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiri

kiri

I'm so not in the mood today Empty
PostSubject: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm

i'm sooo angry with my group members. it's about the ecnomics summative, and the teacher asked us to be in a group of 4. i was with my best friend and 2 other students( i don't really want to do it with them cz they are the "not hard working students", but they 're friends of my friend).

we got are topic and the presentation date like 2 weeks ago. the summative is a 4000 words report + 20 min presentation, both divided into 4 parts. I finished my report on the day that i got the topic, and i keep asking them to write their report by last weekend. they just keep giving me excuses like "it's hot outside, i can't concentrate" "i have other things to do" "i don't want to do it", and they refuse to meet up last weekend to talk about the presentation

this weekend is a long weekend, we get monday off as well. so i ask them to come to my house on sunday to discuss about the presentation. on friday..we all agreed to come at 10 because 2 of us need to leave at 3pm, so we need to start eariler. but today, they tell me that they want to come after 12, and the reason is "i'm so tired today, i can't get up early". and our presentation is on the 24th

i don't even know what to say about them...they're not doing their work, and the summative worth 15% of my final mark . the worst thing is...the teacher will give us a group mark not individual mark><

what should i do Sad
Back to top Go down
Yamamoto Aiko

Yamamoto Aiko

PostSubject: Re: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:49 pm

When you said group members I thought you were talking about IKA, then I read the rest and was like ohhh.
Back to top Go down
kiri

kiri

PostSubject: Re: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Aiko_gpbasicfan1 wrote:
When you said group members I thought you were talking about IKA, then I read the rest and was like ohhh.
no no!!of course not members of IKA..both of you are great!!!
Back to top Go down
Hashimoto Aimi
Admin
Hashimoto Aimi

PostSubject: Re: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:45 pm

If you can, try talking to your teacher about the issue you are having, and speak to your friend that s/he needs to get these people to actually do something.

I've had similar experiences. I had to do a decades project, we were assigned the 50's and we had to present a power point to the class for 45 minutes. since we were the 50's we had to go first, so we got the assignment on a Friday and it was due the following Monday. the group that got the "new millennium" got a week and a half to do their project. It wasn't fair at all.

we were also in a group of 4. two members didn't have time to come over and help work on it. I didn't sleep at all the night before(my friend said she was too tired to work and went upstairs to her room and fell asleep at 11) , and basically did the whole think myself.

and she wouldn't get up in the morning so we were late to class, and on Mondays the period is only 50 minutes, 45 of which we needed to present.

We had to include notes to give to the whole class, with blanks that they had to fill in from the power point. I didn't make our notes extremely long and there wasn't a ton of writing to do in them. My teacher marked us down for this. We were late, she marked us down, we didn't dress like we were in the 50's, she marked us down, our teaching section was more from memory than from the power point, she marked us down.

they next day the 60's group did the SAME EXACT thing and they got extra credit because it was easy to follow along with. everything we got marked down for, they got extra points for Evil or Very Mad

we ended up getting a "D" she jacked my grade up (even though it was supposed to be the same grade for each person) because after class I told her the situation and what had happened over the weekend. She told me she understood that and felt for me, so she gave me a C-, and gave me an extra credit assignment that would make the grade into a C+, she also told me to study a certain part in our book because next class their would be a pop quiz, If i did well on it, I would get a B in the class (I had an A previous to this)

so next class with your teacher try to explain your situation, they might be more understanding knowing what the problem is as compared to thinking you guys are just lazy and don't care.

Good luck Kiri~
Back to top Go down
https://daiichi.forumotion.com
kiri

kiri

PostSubject: Re: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:06 am

today...they came to my house
one of them spent 5 hours and had only 100 words written down, and the other person got 400 words...
i would certainly tell the teacher about the circumstance。

i have no idea how are we going to do the presentation on thursday..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm so not in the mood today   I'm so not in the mood today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm so not in the mood today
Page 1 of 1